Technology has made things easier now. We are now allowed to register for voter card sitting at your computer itself or through nearby drop boxes. Please avail this opportunity if you do not have Voter ID card yet. Make sure that you register it before 12-Jun-2010, that is the cutoff date provided.
How to apply for a Voter ID card?
In case of a new Voter Card, you need to fill the Form 6. :
- Age of the candidate should be above 18years as on 01-01-2010.
- Two passport size photos
- Birth Certificate or any Date of Birth Proof like school/college certificate.
-In case any other changes need to be made to the Voters list Form 8 should be filled.
- Main site www.ceoandhra.nic.in -> e-Registration.
- Link for online registration : http://ceo.ap.gov.in/eregistration/default.asp
One of the experiences by SaiRakesh :
“I got my voter id card by applying through online Last year(Feb2009). I have registered in the site. It took me hardly 5 mins . I just uploaded my photo from Sparsh (Infosys Id card).The size of photo should not exceed the given limit. I got verification call within 10 days. It took nearly 30 days for whole process.”
You can download the Forms from www.eci.nic.in or http://www.ceoandhra.nic.in/
Where do I submit/submit the forms?
· If your residence comes under GHMC you can collect and submit the Forms 6,7,8 and 8a at Deputy Commissioner’s Office ( Municipal Office) or Post Offices or Drop Boxes provided at any of the Malls or Petrol Bunks.
Address of all Municipalities(GHMC):
For more Info On GHMC:
· If your residence does not come under GHMC you can collect and submit the Forms 6,7,8 and 8a at District’s Sub Collector’s Office or Electoral Registration Officer or Assistant Electoral Registration Officer.
- On 05-06-2010, 06-06-2010, 11-06-2010, 12-06-2010 you can collect/submit the Forms from selected Voter Registration Centers.
- Registration forms submitted in bulk will not be accepted.
- Forms 6,7,8 and 8a should be submitted personally.
- The Forms of individuals belonging to a family can be submitted by a member of that Family.
- The Forms can be submitted in person or by post to the Electoral Registration Officer or the Assistant Electoral Registration Officer at the mentioned centers from 28-05-2010 – 12-06-2010 on all working days between 10.30 am to 5.00 pm.
- To view the Voters list or for any other help you can approach the Electoral Registration Officer or the Assistant Electoral Registration Officer.
Toll Free contact no. 1100